Family — Professionals — Students
The Care Wheel is a tool designed to meet the needs of caregivers and their loved ones. It enhances the quality of life for persons with dementia and their caregivers, both family and professional. Caregivers discover What Works and What Does Not.
Larger Image >>
- presents the Dementia Journey as unique as each individual is
- bridges the gap between the family and professional caregiver
- use the wheel as a guide while caring for the person with dementia
- assists families to focus on the person they love, and not on the disease.
- job safety is a major issue for professional caregivers
- the wheel assists in understanding responsive behaviors
- assists in communicating with persons with dementia with dignity and respect
- handy for the day to day situations a caregiver might face
- presented in a didactic way in the classroom setting
- students use the Care Wheel in problem–solving case study scenarios
- students use the wheel to pair the person with care
- understanding of the dementia journey is enhanced.
Due to popular demand, the Care Wheel is presently being translated into Spanish, and will shortly be available for caregivers in the English or the Spanish version.